As a school community, we work in developing Christ as the center of our lives. We strive through our actions and in our education to demonstrate what it means to show F.A.I.T.H. Every Day.
Religion is taught in each grade at St John School. Our faith-integrated education is also weaved into other areas of learning, including math, science, art and field trips.
Every Friday at 8:00am there is an all-school mass led by a grade. Students read the readings and petitions, bring up the gifts, serve mass, announce songs and lead the congregation in song.
Sacramental preparation (First Communion, Reconciliation) is a parish responsibility and is coordinated with the parish Director of Faith Development.
In accordance with our mission of FAITH and keeping Jesus Christ as our center; we strive to:
- Help students understand the ways in which Christ lived by studying His life and living as He did.
- Look at challenges as a gift from God, and using prayer to rise to those challenges.
- Create an atmosphere that encourages questioning and lifelong learning of the life and ways of Christ.
- Use daily prayer to express our gratitude to the Lord, and to help students see the value of prayer in their own lives.
- Promote service to others not as a requirement, but as a way of life.
Here at St John Nepomucene School we live our FAITH – EVERY DAY!
F - Follow Christ’s Example
A - Accept Challenges and Responsibilities
I - Inspire Wisdom
T - Thank God by Sharing our Gifts
H - Help Others