All About the Weekend Committee
The All About the Weekend Committee organizes various activities around weekend liturgies.
HOLY GROUNDS COFFEE BAR located in the Gathering Space
- Stay for a short time after Mass to meet new people, renew friendships,and to share life with each other. A cookie, juice, and a cup of coffee makes it all that much easier to celebrate the joy of God's love.
CHILDREN'S LITURGY OF THE WORD which is offered at all three weekend Masses.
- We assist Faith Development in these weekend programs, ensuring that we have friendly and enthusiastic leaders.
BUSY BAGS located on a standing rack in the Church St entrance and also at the Information Desk.
- We oversee the contents of these bags which provide faith centered activities for our little ones to focus on during Mass.
CHILDREN'S SPACE in the Fellowship Hall
- We manage the carpet and toys placed in the Fellowship Hall during each weekend Mass. If a child has a fussy time during Mass, parents are welcome to bring them out to this play space until they get their wiggles out. The TV screen allows the parents to stay tuned into Mass until the child is ready to return to church.
- We are continuing into our vision of having a future place where the younger kiddos can spend their time during Mass. As parents would drop them off, our leaders would teach them short prayers and simple worship music.
They meet periodically throughout the year and are always looking to welcome new committee members and volunteers. Please call the Parish office (920) 788-9061 or Megan at (920) 585-3313.
"The parish is where the Church lives. Parishes are communities of faith, of action, and of hope. They are where the gospel is proclaimed and celebrated, where the believers are formed and sent to renew the earth. Parishes are the home of the Christian community; they are the heart of our church." -National Conference of Catholic Bishops.
"The weekend experience is the number one opportunity for people in the community to connect with church. And almost everyone who actually does come in contact with the parish does so on the weekend."
"St. Pope John Paul ll very simply taught that the Eucharist builds the church."
"....we started looking beyond the Liturgy of the Eucharist to the elements of the weekend experience that could have the greatest impact on the dechurched and those new to the discipleship path." -Rebuilt, Fr. Michael White and Tom Corcoran.